Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Welding Is Fun

Ok i tried welding the other day and it's a lot easier then i thought it would be. I did learn really quick that welding in shorts and sandals is a really bad idea. It was about 3 seconds of welding before a piece of molten metal burned a nice little spot in the bottom of my foot. So now my bare minimum attire for welding is pants, shirt and boots...of course i'm wearing the helmet and gloves too.

So now i'm trying to learn a little bit of welding, i said it was easy...but i didn't say i was doing it right. I've got to learn some technique, cause i can melt metal together, but that doesn't mean it's strong or that it's right. I'm thinking i should try to build a gokart, that would make a good project. I can burn myself and then if i survive that i'll be able to crash the gokart on the trial run...i wonder which will be more painful.

Anyone want to mail me some parts to use on the gokart? I'm not too proud to take donations. :-)

No comments: