Well yesterday I found someone willing to drive me to town to pick up the new toy, a 2004 Kawasaki Z750). SNB was already closed when we got there and the previous owner was alright with me driving it home before I switched it over. So we went and had a bite to eat, renewed the tags online(they had expired last month) and then we went back for the bike. Now shortly before we got back I was lucky enough to hear them say on the radio that it was 4.5 degrees outside, but that it felt like 0 degrees with the windchill...I don't even want to know what 4.5 feels like at 120km/h.
After adding a couple more layers of clothing I took the bike for it's first drive. I couldn't get over how easy it was too drive, the thing practically balanced itself. I could come to a stop sign, roll to a stop and not even put my foot down...I wonder if that still counts as a stop if I don't plant a foot, but I'm pretty sure I had stopped moving for a split second before I pulled away from each of the stop signs. In town the bike is a dream, it's nimble and fast, but there's something about it that inspires confidence. It could be the fact that I'm more upgright then a super sport...but whatever it is I like it.
I know I should still be scared of it, after all it is a 750cc bike and although it may make a person feel invincible at times, there is certainly nothing about a motorbike that will protect you if you take it for granted. That being said I took it very easy going home, after all it was my first trip. I will admit that there were a couple times where I gave the throtle a quick twist and watched the speedometer climb quickly to 175. It was a cold and windy day and I'll admit on that hour long drive I did stop about half way to thaw out my fingers, but overall the ride was a blast. I will certainly be looking forward to some sunny weather so that I can really enjoy the new toy.
Sunday, April 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment