Monday, April 30, 2007

Two Dead Batteries

I knew that the battery in my Z750 wasn't holding a charge and that the battery in the CRF230F was just about as bad. So when I decided to go pick up the Z750 I took booster cables with the plan to boost to get it home and then pick up a new battery once I had it in town. Things didn't go as planned.

I started by taking the old gas out of the tank since I didn't put stabilizer in it last fall. It looked like the gas was still fine but I left it out anyway, better to play it safe. Now it is refilled with some nice fresh supreme gasoline.

Next was the battery, put it in the bike and turned the key. As expected no life at all. That's fine, I figured I'd just boost it and go....nope. The booster cables on the battery and it still wouldn't start, even after 10 minutes. So I had the bright idea to go swipe the battery out of the CRF. Sure it's smaller, but it should be enough to keep the bike running once I got it started. Wrong, that battery was just as bad.

So now I've got two batteries that I need to replace. Oh well, might go do some shopping tonight and see if I can find some good replacements. It was too cold to be driving the bike this week anyway.

No comments: