Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I was way off

So Collin took a look at my bike for me on Saturday, I already had the tank and everything off so it didn't take him long to show me what I was doing wrong. I found out real quick that the gap you are supposed to measure is at the top. So once you loosen the nut that shaft turns to adjust the clearance...and to measure it just follow it down a little ways and there is a little gap. If you push on that shaft you can rock it back and forth a bit and see the gap. Just be sure you're checking the right spot because if you don't have it at top dead center or you measure the wrong spot you can make a real mess.

Oh yeah, on a sidenote, Bob decided to take the spark arrestor out of his exhaust, and he thinks it has way more power, and it may. But does it ever make a lot of noise now, between the back firing and the 4 inches of flames that come out the back it can't be a good thing. Oh well, it should at least be entertaining for the next time he has it out.

I'm tempted to leave mine out...but that means rejetting, I should consider that, time to do some more research.

No comments: