Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Street Bike?

So I'm thinking about getting a street bike...I considered getting a new one, but I'm cheap. So I thought what about getting one of the 'budget' bikes brand new...that could work. Well the 'starter' bikes like the 650r, sv650 and 599 are still in the $8,000+tax price range...which is a lot of money for a 'starter' bike. So now I'm considering a used one...the only problem is which one.

I don't want a super sport because I like my lower back and would like to be able to stand up at the end of the day of riding without stopping every hour. So that's a no to the super sport, but I don't want a cruiser yet either. No that does not mean I'm considering a scooter, if that thought even crossed your mind go grab the spatula out of the silverware drawer and whack yoursalf in the face. What are you waiting for, do it NOW!

Now on a more serious note, what is left to choose from without spending a fortune on a bike if you don't want a sport bike and you don't want a cruise? The sport touring class of bikes looks freaking expensive, and even used I see a lot of them priced around $10,000. So now I find myself looking and hoping to find a 'deal' on something suitable for the long drives and still sporty enough to get me in trouble.

Right now I'm considering a 2004 z750 that someone has put up for sale, it's about two grand cheaper than new, and it looks like a reasonably confortable sitting position. I think I might go check it out this weekend. Want to see a picture of it? Yeah me too, damn these people putting bikes up for sale without pictures, I guess there's always http://images.google.com

No comments: